The Development Coordinator will lead Hamkae Center’s fundraising and volunteer management. They will ensure that staff and other stakeholders have the resources, materials, and logistical processes they need to fundraise, as well as recruit and retain volunteers.
- Lead implementation and evaluation of annual fundraising plan that incorporates a range of strategies, including: annual appeals, major donors, corporate and individual appeals, social media, and donor cultivation events
- Manage the recording and maintenance of donor information within internal database
- Provide fundraising and donor analysis reports
- Accurately record financial and other gifts
- Communicate with donors and sponsors in a timely manner, including gift acknowledgement and appreciation
- Manage and maintain databases for all special events, participants and donors
- Maintain organizational grant management calendar (proposals and reports)
Volunteer Management (35%)
- Maintain, create, and distribute volunteer opportunities
- Follow-up with volunteer applications, interview prospective volunteers and connect with appropriate staff
- Pursue volunteer recruitment as opportunities arise
- Track volunteer engagement
- Organize occasional appreciation moments for volunteers
- Attend weekly staff meetings and team lead meetings
- Participate in year-round organizing, civic engagement, and fundraising campaigns with rest of Hamkae Center team
- Carefully track time and communications to ensure appropriate assignment to c3 or c4, direct and grassroots lobbying, and electioneering
- Be a thought partner to Growth & Operations Team Lead
- Participate in annual budget development process for team prior to the start of each fiscal year
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Mission alignment: Commitment to social, economic and racial justice. A belief in community’s ability to support each other, organize and achieve desired goals together
- Development experience (1 year minimum): proven track record of raising money, with a focus on individual giving
- Goal- and deadlines-oriented
- Can take a big project and break it down into manageable chunks
- Thinks well on their feet and enjoys problem solving
- Proposes next steps and solutions, before asking others
- Relationship oriented: confident and skilled in making new conversations and relationships across different experiences
- Comfortable with listening for other people’s needs, while maintaining one’s own boundaries
- Comfortable with database navigation and technology, including training others
- Desire learning and open to experimentation
- Live in Northern Virginia
- Driver’s license and access to car
- Plus: Bilingual in an Asian language
Location: Northern Virginia (must be able to travel to and work from either the Centreville or Annandale office when required)
Job Type: full-time
Reports to: Growth & Operations Team Lead
Pay + Benefits: $49K (commensurate w/ experience). Primarily telework position. Full health, dental, and vision insurance. 401(k) matching. Also, paid time off, vacation, sick days (if you, a partner, or a family member are sick), and other leave time customized to your unique circumstances. We close the first week of July and December 25 – January 1 for reflection and rejuvenation.
Send resume to Sookyung Oh (email@example.com) with the subject “Development Coordinator.” Supplementary: submit up to two paragraphs as to why this position interests you. Priority deadline is 11:59pm on August 9, 2023.
Hamkae Center organizes Asian Americans in Virginia to achieve social, economic, and racial justice. Through community organizing, public policy advocacy, civic engagement, and youth leadership development, Hamkae Center works to build a future in which low- and middle-income, immigrant, people of color, and marginalized communities can fully participate in U.S. society and work together as makers of lasting change. We are the Virginia affiliate of the NAKASEC Network. Other members include HANA Center (Illinois), Woori Center (Pennsylvania), MinKwon Center for Community Action (New York), and Woori Juntos (Texas).
Hamkae Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from a wide range of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.