multiple dates + times; online on Zoom
The past few years have been intense for our Asian American communities. We’ve witnessed and experienced violence (physically, socially, systemically). We’ve made ourselves vulnerable, raised our voices, and demanded change in the midst of a global pandemic. We’ve lost friends, loved ones, opportunities, and old comforts to COVID. We’ve survived back-to-back, nonstop “historical events”. We’ve had heartbreaking conflicts with loved ones (and even ourselves), and forced ourselves to adapt to new “normals” almost daily.
Now, more than ever, it’s easy to feel isolated or overwhelmed. It might even be hard to process everything and figure out what to do next. But the good news is that many others feel the same way- and, although we face different challenges, we can face them together in solidarity and understanding.
We’re hosting more healing circles of various topics throughout this year to provide intentional spaces for Asian Americans to lean on each other in the face of new headlines and compounding crises, process old and new wounds, and start patching them up together. ❤️🩹 Some will be intended for specific communities, and each space will be facilitated by an Asian American mental health professional. These virtual spaces are FREE & open to all Asians in the U.S.
What is a Healing Circle?
Healing circles allow each one of us to be fully and completely ourselves. Being fully seen and listened to in a circle has the potential to heal deep hurts- be it physical pain or a deep sorrow of the heart. These are a safe and supportive spaces made up of peers who walk with each other through challenging times and experiences. Each circle is a blend of sharing and silence, compassion, and curiosity. Circle participants abide by agreements, notably around confidentiality to honor our own unique paths to healing and respect the choices of others.
August (registration closes 8/9 at 5pm EST)
- 8/15; 3-4:30pm EST – Gender-Based Violence (for women)
- 8/18; 6-7:30pm EST – Processing Roe v. Wade (for women, LGBTQ+ folks)
September (registration closes 9/2 at 5pm EST)
- 9/09; 4:30-6pm EST – Hypersexualization of Asian Women (for Korean women; will be held in Korean)
- 9/14; 8-9:30pm EST – Mental Health (for LGBTQ+ folks)
- 9/20; 2-3:30pm EST – Healing from Domestic Violence (for DV survivors)
- 9/22; 6-7:30pm EST – Hypersexualization of Asian Women (for women)
October (registration closes 10/7 at 5pm EST)
- 10/11; 8-9:30pm EST – Intergenerational Trauma (for refugees, immigrants)
- 10/14; 2-3:30pm EST – Combatting COVID through Stress Reduction
- 10/18; 6-7:30pm EST – Intergenerational Trauma
- 10/26; 8-9:30pm EST – Gender: Not So Black-and-White
November (registration closes 11/1 at 5pm EST)
- 11/09; 8-9:30pm EST – Racial Discrimination in the LGBTQ+ Community (for LGBTQ+ folks)
- 11/18; 4:30-6pm EST – Racial Workplace/Career Discrimination (for working folks)
+ more to come. Dates and topics are subject to change; we will notify attendees if changes are made.